Thursday, August 4, 2011

Algorithm-a-Day : Day 04 : Command-line arguments

Needless to say, these come up a lot. How could they not?
Fledgling programmers need to know how these are handled, and I remember a day when I didn't have a flying clue how do deal with them. I mean heck, who would ever use command-line args? Who even uses the command-line? (said he, who at the time who had not even yet compiled a java program out of an IDE)
I was ignorant, to say the least.

Github :: Command-line arguments

The C and Haskell implementations are straight-forward. They're more of an "Oh, okay" rather than any sort of programming revelation. My Python implementation, however, is a big more stylised for real, well-defined use. It should be noted that it is also available in my python-libs repo on Github.

No comments:

Post a Comment